We Don’t Need Planned Parenthood
"Planned Parenthood is clearly going to great lengths to rationalize their existence,” stated Heather Weininger, Executive Director of Wisconsin Right to Life. “Recently, they asked for the creation of a report claiming that defunding them will “devastate” health care access in Wisconsin. The reality is that by defunding Planned Parenthood, the only thing that will be “devastated” is the bottom line of the nation’s largest abortion provider.”
Here are the facts, based on the figures provided in Planned Parenthood’s own 2014-2015 report:
- Planned Parenthood’s non-abortion services (birth control, cancer screenings, etc) have actually decreased over time;
- 98% of American women never visit a Planned Parenthood facility in a given year, and only 0.8% of women of reproductive age went to Planned Parenthood for a breast exam (zero women received a mammogram);
- Planned Parenthood performed 323,999 abortions in 2014, nearly one-third of the entire nation’s abortions;
- Planned Parenthood’s revenue in 2014 reached nearly $1.3 billion dollars;
- Planned Parenthood received $553.7 million taxpayer dollars in 2014.
On top of this, we know that Planned Parenthood of Wisconsin in particular has not been good stewards of the taxpayer funds they have received in the past. Furthermore, there are over 13,000 federally qualified health centers all over the country, 162 of those residing in the state of Wisconsin in both urban and rural areas.
“By breaking the monopoly Planned Parenthood has over taxpayer funds, we give Wisconsin’s 162 health centers the opportunity to provide Wisconsin women with completely non-controversial healthcare,” continued Weininger. “And, these funds can be redirected to health centers that can be better stewards of our taxpayer dollars.”
To learn more about Planned Parenthood, click here.
Media Contact: Heather Weininger 414-778-5780
# # #